Soul Mates or Nah?

Hey guys,

The title of this post pretty much describes all I'm gonna say:

I don't believe in soulmates.

This isn't something I realized I truly thought until a few weeks ago when the discussion was brought up among my little triangle of friends. We've all seen the posts glorifying soulmates, talking about how there's this one specific person somewhere in the world that was designed to be your perfect match. One person on the entire planet that is meant to make you complete. This is part of the reason why we all came to the same conclusion: we don't believe that.

The reasoning is simple: How can there be only person in this world that you're supposed to be with? It doesn't make sense to me. One point that was brought up was what if that one person gets married to someone else? Does that mean you'd never be happy in any other relationship because it wouldn't be with the person that was supposedly perfect for you? That's not logical.

You could argue that you'd end up with this person no matter what, but that doesn't add up either. Are you going to break up with or get divorced from all these people because they're not that so-called perfect match? I don't see why you'd go through all the stages in possibly multiple relationships just to have them all fall to pieces. I believe there were numerous people created who could be the best match for you depending on the direction in which your life takes you. God knows what path you're going down, so He must know when one person would be more suited for your life than another, right? And what's the likelihood of just stumbling across someone who's your 'soulmate'? Besides, multiple people have similar personalities and characteristics, what would make one of them more perfect for you than another?

No one is perfect. Everyone has flaws. The idea of soulmates makes it sound like those flaws simply disappear once you find each other and there won't be any struggles in your relationship. I believe you can find someone who is 'the one' for you, but that doesn't make them the only one. It just means they're the one who won, ya know? Who knows, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe in ten years when I (hopefully) have found the person I want to spend the rest of my life with I'll feel differently. But for now that's where I stand. Multiple beings exist who could potentially be the one for you, it's just a matter of them coming into your life at the right time. Were we split in half during our creations, meant to reunite one day in a glorious explosion of flower petals and bubbles? Unlikely. But if you find someone who makes you feel truly happy, someone whose flaws you can learn to accept and cope with, that's all that matters. Hold them close and try not to let go.

I hope you all find your person one day, whoever they might be.

XO,
S

Comments

  1. I totally agree. I think that there are many routes that one's life can go down, and that includes significant others and even to an extent friends.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts