10 things that make me happy

Hey guys,

The last couple of posts have been a little negative, so I decided I should take the time to focus on the things in life that make me the happiest. Of course things like my faith and being surrounded by the people I love are on the top of my list, but I wanted to mention the things that aren't widely known about me. Here we go:

1. People talking about their passions. Do you want to tell me about how that book had a plot twist equated to the one in Gone Girl even though I haven't seen Gone Girl? Hell yeah, tell me. Are politics your jam even though I have a hard time understand all the things you mention? Go for it. Can you talk about all the details of a car for hours when I can't differentiate between some of the words you use? You bet I wanna hear. I love seeing how even just talking about these things can bring someone so much joy.

2. Writing books. This is my own passion and it's the one thing that can bring me total peace and clarity when I'm having mental breakdowns.

3. Performing a dance that causes someone in the audience to feel any sort of emotion. Dance is another passion of mine and I thoroughly love knowing there's a chance that someone watching could be impacted by it.

4. Seeing my tattoo unexpectedly. I have a tattoo on the outside of my left wrist and I'm always struck with this jolt of excitement when I'm doing daily activities like washing my hair and happen to catch a glimpse of the letters. It doesn't matter that I can see it all the time, I still enjoy when I don't try and I still see it.

5. When people remember minor details about me that I never expected. Like my best friend knows basically everything about me, but it's still so nice when she says things like, "Remember how your favorite book when we were 12 was Twilight?" That was so long ago, but she still remembers how I would go on about it. Or like when one of my friends recited the lead singers of almost all of my top 10 bands while we were playing a game. It makes me feel like they care enough to remember even the smallest of things.

6. When someone actually likes mine and my best friend's friendship. A lot of people think we're weirdly close and 'too dependent' upon each other so it's really nice when someone actually says, "Hey I appreciate this relationship."

7. Super ecstatic hugs. My guy friend charged at me in a full sprint the other day and basically body slammed me with a hug. It was great.

8. Sharing my favorite things with someone. Whether it be a tv show, a movie, music, or just trusting them enough to show them my writing. I love being able to share the things I adore with others that will put their time into the activity even if they end up hating whatever it is. Example: I have a standing routine to spend every Sunday night with a group of my closest friends to watch The Walking Dead and it's always something I look forward to.

9. Going to a concert and being blown away by an opening band. Seriously, great bands who have great openers give me so much life.

10. Animals. My dogs, my friends cats, that weird squirrel in my backyard that has patches of different colored fur. I just love animals. There's something so relaxing about cuddling up with a pet or befriending an animal outside of your home. They're actual balls of joy.

These kinda don't have an order, but that's my list for you. I challenge you to make your own list. Was it hard for you to come up with 10 uncommon things like it was for me?

XO, S

Comments

Popular Posts